Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 11-A lot of fun!!

So Saturday was a lot of fun very busy and very cold. We started out the day by just being lazy and Ryan opening his advent calendar. What did he get in there you ask 2 tickets to the Nutcracker ballet.
So we headed to the ballet and to remind you I am not that familiar with downtown and I ended up going down 2nd street the wrong way but that's ok, we survived. We couldn't take pictures of the ballet no photography so we only got one picture of us together.

After the ballet was over we went home and waited for my parents to pick us up to head out to Adair to go to the Christmas Train. Ryan was so excited. As soon as we got there he hoped on the pony ride

Then he and his papa got on the carousel




Then we took a wagon ride



after going through all the shops we waited in the long cold line for the train







We finally made it to the train, now to tell you the truth I went 6 years ago before they remodeled it and had a blast. You got on the train they told you half the story of the bible and then you went to the north pole then you got on the the train to come back and you heard the rest of the story then they heard you into a room and tell you about how to become a christian. So that was what I was expecting to go to the north poke and I had been talking this up to Ryan like crazy. Well they don't do it that way anymore. You get to shop around town get on the train here the whole story go into a room where you hear a video recording of Willie George's testimony and then you can go back out and shop again. I wish I would have known that because we would have got on the train first thing and then went to get in line for Santa pictures. When we finally got around to Santa pictures the line was an hour wait and it was 9:00 so we left Ryan was a little disappointed and so was I, it didn't seem as magical and Ryan said he didn't even like the train ride. He still had a great time I just wish I would have known they changed a lot of that.

Here is us on the train





Then he rode a little kiddie ride and we left. Very tired and very cold.



Overall we had fun, I don't know if I will go next year with Ryan but it is a memory we won't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment